Lynn Maki, D.V.M.
Clinical Assistant Professor, Small Animal Surgery
- D.V.M. – Michigan State University
Advanced Clinical Training
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship – University of Florida
- Advanced Emergency/Critical Care and Surgery Internship – Ocean State Veterinary Specialists
- Small Animal Surgery Residency – Ocean State Veterinary Specialists
- Critical care medicine
- Minimally-invasive surgery
- Preventative medicine/surgery
- Soft tissue surgery
Growing up I always knew I wanted to be in the medical field, and my love for animals and passion for knowledge lead me to veterinary medicine. I entered my rotating internship with the goal of becoming a board-certified surgeon, and soon found that I also enjoyed emergency and critical care medicine. This dual interest led me to the east coast, where I completed four more years of advanced training. I joined Midwestern University to be a part of a cohesive team that provided high quality veterinary care.
I am grateful for the opportunity to help to prolong and improve a patient’s quality of life with surgery, as well as through both owner education and the ability to conduct clinical research in an effort continually raise the bar on our standard of care. I enjoy getting to know my clients and patients, and feel a more personalized approach to medicine can result in a better outcome.