Ogi Okwumabua, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. – Kansas State University
- M.S. – Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.S. – University of Alberta
- Whole genome sequencing of pathogenic bacteria
- Identification of virulence and novel genes
- Diagnostic reagents development
- Molecular mechanism of microbial pathogenesis
- Drug resistance among bacterial pathogens
- Tumor immunology
I have a special passion for clinical and applied microbiology, and I enjoy teaching lecture and laboratory courses in the subject area to students using up-to-date lecture materials and state-of-the art laboratory techniques. This equips them with the skills necessary to successfully compete in the global job market. I also greatly enjoy discussion topics centered on One Health concepts and educating the public about the importance of veterinary medicine.