COVID-19 Update on Clinic Hours and Pet Appointments
June 26, 2020
Midwestern University has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. Our top priority at the Animal Health Institute is the health and wellness of our clients, patients, students, staff, and the greater community. As part of our COVID-19 response, hours for the Companion Animal Clinic at Midwestern University are 7:00am–5:00pm, Monday through Friday, until further notice.
Should your pet be experiencing an emergency, please contact the CAC directly at 623-806-7387 (PETS) for instructions on how to proceed.
At the present time, we continue to offer curbside service only.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please pull up to our front door.
- A mask is required to be worn when interacting with our team members, in accordance with the current Maricopa County ordinance.
- A staff member will greet you to get your pet checked in and paperwork completed.
- A veterinary technician will meet you at your car and will escort your pet inside.
- The veterinarian and/or veterinary student will call you on your mobile phone to discuss exam findings and let you know when you can pick up your pet at the door.
Please remember to bring along plenty of water for you and your pet, and also bring only the pet who is scheduled to be seen, so that other pets will not be waiting with you in your car.
Our parking garage offers shaded parking, or clients are welcome to run a nearby errand during their pets’ appointments, as long as we can reach them by mobile phone to discuss their pets’ exam results or to let them know that their pets can be picked up once the exam is completed.
We are carefully watching the current trends for COVID-19 in the State of Arizona and Maricopa County. To ensure the safety of our clients, staff, students and faculty, we do not yet have an anticipated date when clients will be able to enter the clinic. Please do not attempt to enter the building unless your pet is experiencing a life threatening emergency.
We thank you for being a client at MWU Animal Health Institute and wish health and wellness to you and your pets during this unprecedented time. For more information about Midwestern University’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit: https://www.midwestern.edu/about/covid-19-information-and-resources.xml